About this Research Topic
The aims of this Research Topic are:
1. To collect the most innovative and scientific works, which could push forward adaptive robotics within scalable and high-dynamic production environments
2. To present various studies and joint- research projects for clarifying the uncertainties about planning, safety, human factors and machine learning of such intelligent solutions
3. To share and evaluate some successful stories/ industrial projects in scientific way, including the challenges, innovation and lessons-learned.
This Research Topic aims to cover:
1. Technical & Safety approaches, which focus on the new generation of robot control, innovative vision systems, AI/ML, enhanced safety functions, real-time path planning, collision avoidance, ISO-Standard, safety regulation and system reliability.
2. Planning, Simulation, virtual commissioning and digital twins, which focus on evaluation strategies, benchmarking methods and software tools of intelligent robot systems in all life cycle for scalable and flexible production systems
3. Human factors, which cover the ergonomics, acceptance, trust, interaction strategies and the optimal collaboration of humans with such intelligent production systems.
Keywords: Agile Manufacturing and Industry 4.0, From Simulation to real robot applications Safety and virtual commissioning, Flexible Robotics for Handiwork, AI and Perception
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.