About this Research Topic
The integration of extended reality technologies and wearable human-based haptic interfaces is powerful to enhance the immersivity of the human-machine interaction. To exploit them, this Research Topic aims to seek high-quality research studies that highlight the recent development and application of wearable bi-directional human-machine interfaces based haptic feedback integrated in extended reality. The proposed works should aim to set the basis for the integration of those methodologies, to enhance human-machine interaction, their performance and the usability of their interface.
Potential topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
• Human-machine and human-robot interaction enhanced by extended reality technology and wearable haptic interfaces
• Human-centred haptic solutions to enhance human-machine interaction
• Active and passive human-based haptic interfaces usable in extended reality
• Body and human-machine interfaces with multimodal feedback
• Telerobotics enhanced by the integration of extended reality technologies and haptic interfaces
Keywords: Human-Robot Interaction, Human-Computer Interfaces, Extended reality, Human-based haptic Feedback, Wearable haptic interfaces, Multimodal feedback
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.