About this Research Topic
The development of quantum technology and quantum devices requires advances in synthesis of tailored quantum materials and nanofabrication. This includes ultrapure materials hosting solid state qubits allowing long coherence time, single photon sources and hybrid quantum systems.
Specific areas of interest include:
• Materials for quantum sensing
• Materials for quantum computing
• Synthesis nanoparticles and their functionalization for quantum sensing
• Materials for light matter quantum interfaces
• Single atom doping
• Hybrid quantum systems
• Isotopic engineering of materials for spin qubits applications
• New characterization techniques.
Keywords: Synthesis of ultrapure materials, Spin qubits, Nanofabrication, Hybrid quantum systems, Single atom doping.
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.