About this Research Topic
Biodiversity is a measure of variation at the genetic, species, and ecosystem level. However, measuring the biodiversity is a costly task that required scientists to perform many field work with a waste of effort and time. AI can help researchers in these problems by automatically identifying species (such as invasive especies), dedicating the effort in the algorithmic training phases.
In this situation, agriculture is becoming an activity of precision in which Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques and Big Data analysis, smart simulation and optimization are generally becoming more relevant, even essential every day.
This Research Topic aims to provide a forum for discussion where researchers are invited to submit their novel approaches in AI for Biodiversity, Climate Change and Smart Agriculture.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following topics:
1. Distilling environmental data into actionable information
2. Improving predictions for Climate Change
3. Optimizing complex systems to fight Climate Change
4. Interpretable and Explainable Artificial Intelligence in Biodiversity and Climate Change
5. Big Data Analytics in Biodiversity and Climate Change
6. AI for sustainable agriculture
7. AI for smart energy in agriculture
8. Towards smart agriculture using AI
Keywords: Responsible AI, Climate Change, Smart Agriculture
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.