About this Research Topic
This Research Topic aims to collect studies that investigate and discuss the physiological mechanism of aquatic animal defense response to the environment. We particularly welcome papers that cover, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Species differences in defense response
- Mechanistic defense response to toxicity in aquatic vertebrates
- Physical barriers (cell-mediated defense)
- Humoral defense system
- Immune defense system
- Adaptive physiology of aquatic animals
- Metabolic defense response to the environment
- Redox biology of biochemical adaptations to the environment
We welcome the submission of different article types to this collection, especially reviews, mini-reviews, and original research papers. For a complete list of article types that can be considered in the Aquatic Physiology section, please follow this link.
Even though abstract submission is not mandatory, we encourage all interested researchers to submit an abstract before submitting their manuscript. Abstracts do not have to coincide with the final abstract of the manuscripts.
Keywords: aquatic, physiology, defense response, environment
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.