About this Research Topic
The benefits of adopting a business model based on the circular economy are manifold:
- Creation of new business opportunities/profits;
- Creation of new business models, such as rentals or leasing contracts;
- Creation of new jobs (such as labor-intensive recycling activities);
- Competitiveness in the global market;
- Material cost savings, due to lower virgin material requirements;
- Stronger company reputation;
- Establishment of long-term customer relationships and improved customer interaction and loyalty.
Subtopics of interest:
• Applications of big data analytics to enable circular economy models (e.g. dynamic pricing, data-driven predictions, smart manufacturing, etc);
• Data knowledge management, data security, open-source data in the circular economy field;
• Data-driven decision-making for the circular economy;
• Data-driven innovation for sustainable business management;
• Circular business design, driven by big data and AI;
• Relevant cutting-edge digital technologies and devices;
• Information/Internet of Things (IoT)-based solutions or approaches.
This Research Topic welcomes original research papers as well as shorter articles such as mini-reviews or perspective papers that offer original viewpoints on key conceptual and empirical research questions related to a circular economy. Contributions are solicited to advance the understanding of the nature, evolution, and impact of circular economy at country, region, sector, firm, and function levels.
Keywords: Big Data, Information system, Tourism management, circular economy, sustainable business, artificial intelligence
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.