About this Research Topic
This Research Topic will showcase the recent trends in the field of drug discovery of EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
We welcome Original Research, Review, Mini Review, and Perspective articles on themes including, but not limited to:
• Mechanistic insight of naturally occurring small molecules and their semisynthetic derivatives against EGFR tyrosine kinase (wild-type, L858R/T790M, and L858R/T790M/C797S forms).
• A broad range of in silico methods from molecular modeling to artificial intelligence to discover novel EGFR inhibitors
• Drug repurposing strategy to identify novel EGFR inhibitors
• Anticancer and its underlying mechanisms of natural products/synthetic compounds against cancer cells overexpressing EGFR.
• Molecular interactions of small-molecule inhibitors against wild-type, L858R/T790M, and L858R/T790M/C797S forms of EGFR
• Drug combination to target EGFR signaling pathways
Keywords: EGFR inhibitors, Medicinal chemistry, Cancer, Repurposing approach, Molecular biology, Drug Discovery, Anti-Cancer Drugs
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.