About this Research Topic
The evaluation and management of hydronephrosis in infants secondary to UPJO remains controversial. Among other topics, we welcome papers addressing the following issues:
1. Role of micturition cystography (MCU) in the evaluation of prenatally detected hydronephrosis;
2. Role of diuresis renography in the evaluation of infants with UPJO;
3. Indications for surgery vs. observation;
4. Risk of permanent loss of renal function during observation;
5. Technical aspects of infant pyeloplasty;
a) Open vs laparoscopic
b) If laparoscopic, trans or retroperitoneal?
c) Stented or non-stented?
d) If stented, how?
e) Perirenal drain?
6. Evaluation of results of infant pyeloplasty;
7. Length of followup;
8. Complications of surgery; and
9. Complications of observation.
Articles addressing these and other related topics are welcome.
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.