About this Research Topic
This Research Topic welcomes contributions that improve our understanding about the roles of ion channels and transporters play in endocrine system including pituitary, pineal, thyroid, parathyroid, endocrine pancreas, diffuse neuroendocrine system, gut endocrine system, pulmonary endocrine system, adrenal gland, paraganglia, carotid and aortic bodies.
Potential areas of interest may include, but are not limited to:
• The new roles in diseases of ion channels and transporters in endocrine cells and tissues
• The new signal transduction mechanisms of ion channels and transporters in endocrine cells and tissues
• Molecular mechanisms of endocrine cells in sodium, potassium, calcium, chloride, and glucose handling
• Pharmacologically targeting ion channels and transporters in endocrine cells and tissues for disease treatment
• New methods developed for studying ion channels and transporters in endocrine cells and tissues
We encourage the submission of different article types to this collection, especially reviews, mini-reviews, and original research papers. For a complete list of article types that can be considered, please follow this link. Even though abstract submission is not mandatory, we encourage all interested researchers to submit an abstract before submitting their manuscript. Abstracts do not have to coincide with the final abstract of the manuscripts.
Keywords: Ion Channels, Transporters, Endocrine Cells, Gland, Disease Target
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.