About this Research Topic
Human health and the health of our planet are inextricably related. This Research Topic welcomes new multidisciplinary papers concerning Planetary Health, including the following topics associated with environmental changes:
• Evaluation of land degradation and restoration strategies;
• Sedimentary records of the Human interference on environmental conditions;
• Novel approaches regarding the study of geochemical and environmental agents focused on their sources and impacts on atmospheric, aquatic and soil environments;
• Health studies in medical geology, including beneficial aspects of geological materials;
• Linking biota to Earth’s health (ecosystems, biodiversity, bioremediation);
• Risk assessment; and
• Resources management and promising applications of geological materials to promote Earth's health.
Keywords: environmental health, geochemistry, planetary health, sedimentology, stratigraphy and diagenesis
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.