About this Research Topic
Considerable progress has been made in our understanding of the pathophysiology of atherosclerosis-related diseases and the underlying mechanisms leading to atherosclerosis-related diseases insult. The lack of success in recent clinical trials has led to dramatic improvements in animal models, focus-driven study designs, and the use of new technologies in the study of atherosclerosis-related diseases. Simultaneously, despite progress in atherosclerosis-related disease management, patient care exerts a substantial impact on families, the healthcare system and the economy. Continuing improvements in treatment and care in the preclinical and clinical stages may play an essential role in treating, rehabilitating, and preventing atherosclerosis-related diseases.
In this Research Topic, we focus on an update on the pathophysiology, epidemiology, prevention, treatment, rehabilitation, and management of atherosclerosis-related diseases, especially affordable and potentially widely applicable for the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis-related diseases. The variations in atherosclerosis-related disease care across the world are also welcomed. We aim to better understand the atherosclerosis-related disease and provide suggestions for policy makers and healthcare providers to address and reduce the growing burden of atherosclerosis-related diseases in the world.
We welcome original research and review articles related to atherosclerosis-related diseases, from underlying molecular and cellular mechanisms to clinical translational applications.
• Epidemiological characteristics and risk factors of atherosclerosis-related diseases
• Primary and secondary prevention strategies for atherosclerosis-related diseases
• The pathogenesis and pathophysiological process of atherosclerosis-related diseases
• Diagnosis of atherosclerosis-related diseases
• Management of atherosclerosis-related diseases
• Atherosclerosis-related diseases rehabilitation
• Atherosclerosis and bone health, bone metabolism
• Outcomes of patients with atherosclerosis-related diseases
• The pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment of brain-heart comorbidities
Keywords: atherosclerosis-related diseases, risk factors, prevention, treatment, rehabilitation
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.