About this Research Topic
This article collection aims to hold in-depth research on new technologies for the chemical application of horticultural crops, such as computational fluid dynamics (CFD), target detection, dynamic fluid mechanics, application planning, and precise spray control. The focused study will help to explore new theories, develop advanced technologies, and optimize the chemical application of pest, disease, and weed control in horticultural crops.
We welcome submissions of all article types accepted by Frontiers in Plant Science, describing interdisciplinary approaches that integrate novel technologies and new control methods into the practical pest management of horticultural crops. The research topic covers the following subthemes and other relevant studies:
• Pesticide application methods
• Sampling and monitoring schemes for diseases, pests, and weeds
• Design of efficient chemical application machine
• Precise chemical application and variable chemical application
• Target detection and profile spraying
• New method for studying chemical and adjuvant characteristics, droplet formation, and droplet moving dynamics outside/inside crop canopy
• Chemical application with UAV
• Method of spraying drift control
Keywords: disease and pest control, simulation analysis, ultra-low volume spraying, precise spraying, spraying drift control, chemical application, horticultural crops, smart agriculture
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.