About this Research Topic
Reviews and Future Perspectives in Additive Processes will provide a platform to reflect on the recent advances in the field while emphasizing important directions and new possibilities for future inquiries. The Research Topic will promote discussion in the Additive Processes community and highlight novel developments, current challenges, latest discoveries, and future perspectives across the entire scope of our specialty section.
Areas of particular interest include, but are not limited to:
• Advancements in Additive Manufacturing Processes
• Hybrid Additive Manufacturing
• Generative design and topology optimization
• Novel applications for Additive Manufacturing
• Additive Manufacturing for Space
• Additive Manufacturing for Construction
• Tailoring properties and functionally graded materials through AM
• Process-microstructure-property, characterization of AM parts
• Usage of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Additive Manufacturing
Keywords: Tailoring properties, additive processes, Additive Manufacturing, Topology Optimization, Hybrid Additive Manufacturing
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.