About this Research Topic
We all have wittnessned an unprecedented increase of human exposure to radio frequency electromagnetic fields (RF-EMF). At the same time we do not have a sufficient understanding of the impact these exposures may have on biological matter or health issues. This topic aims to summarize the current “state of the art knowledge” on the interaction of electromagnetic radiation on organizms in stage of development, including in vitro cells, animals, and young, More specifically the contributions will deal with:
• Mechanisms - how EMF can influence and impact on biological matter
• Cell biology – DNA integrity (epigenetic effects, oxidation, DNA repair)
• Neurological issues, like exposure related effects on cognition
• Epidemiology, Principles and Outlook
• Sociology, addiction potential, specially in young ("Smombie" )
We welcome strong contributions to initiate a renaissance of high quality academic and industry independent research in the field.
Keywords: high frequency electromagnetic fields, radiofrequent EMF, exposure associated risk, human exposure, in vitro, animal research, children, cellular mechanism
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.