About this Research Topic
Among these, functional hydrogels engineered through modern fabrication technologies result in a variety of biofunctional materials with versatile surface effects, generating great potential in various applications. Some conclusions can be drawn from this, particularly with respect to stimuli-responsive hydrogels:
1) The development of novel functional hydrogels with desired characteristics is highly necessary.
2) Chemical synthesis methods for assembling functional hydrogels need to be further addressed.
3) The various means of integrating functional hydrogels with nanomaterials to yield promising materials need to be further clarified.
4) Practical applications of functional hydrogels are also desired.
Therefore, we are pleased to launch this Research Topic and welcome scientists to contribute reviews and original research papers in the field of synthesis and design of functional hydrogels.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
• Functional hydrogels and their properties
• Synthesis of micro-hydrogels
• Synthesis of nano-hydrogels
• Surface modification technologies of functional hydrogels
• New characterization techniques for functional hydrogels
• Stimuli-responsive hydrogels
Keywords: Hydrogels, Synthesis, Stimuli-responsive, Functionalization, Cross-linked
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.