About this Research Topic
The aim of this Research Topic is to cover novel and promising research trends in applying machine learning to the evaluation of images of the brain. This Research Topic focuses on recent advances in the applications of machine learning and, in particular, the applications of deep learning to neuroimaging.
For this purpose, we welcome high quality original research or review articles relating to the application of current machine learning methods to neuroimaging including; clinical applications, methods, data augmentation, machine learning interpretation, and new algorithm design.
Potential areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Machine Learning for detection or segmentation of brain pathologies in various imaging modalities including MRI, CT, PET, SPECT and NMR
- Machine Learning of neuroimaging biomarkers
- Predictive modelling of treatment efficacy
- Decision support algorithms
- Multi-parametric studies including clinical, epidemiological, biochemical information to neuroimaging information
Keywords: Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Neuroimaging, Brain, Algorithms
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.