About this Research Topic
Healthy aging for the growing population of older adults is essential to nurture the physical and mental health among older adults. It is important to explore the socioeconomic factors that effect the overall health of older adults, highlighting the areas that need to be explored further. The goal of this Research Topic is to gather papers that discuss the impact of socioeconomic factors on the health status of older adults, such as income, social support, health literacy, health expenses, and mental wellbeing. Manuscripts that should be submitted can be based on, but not limited to:
• How does health literacy effect socioeconomic status;
• Social support and loneliness in older adults and the effects on health;
• Social and economic factors that affect mental wellbeing in older adults;
• The relationship between health status and socioeconomic status; and
• The impact of healthcare expenses on older adults.
Keywords: aging and public health, older adults, socioeconomic factors, healthcare, health literacy
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.