About this Research Topic
The main objective of this Research Topic is to disseminate valuable original research in these image and video processing and analysis domains, providing novel PDE-based approaches in these areas and bringing together the achievements of the researchers in these fields. Therefore, we encourage the authors to contribute original and high-quality submissions that present new theoretical and practical results on the following topics, and consider unaddressed aspects of them, as well as survey articles describing the state of the art methods.
• Nonlinear second and fourth-order anisotropic diffusion-based image restoration models
• Image denoising and edge detection techniques using reaction-diffusion equations
• Novel image interpolation methods using variational and non-variational PDE models
• Structural inpainting techniques using fluid equations
• Partial differential equation-based image compression techniques
• Variational level-set based algorithms for image segmentation
• Nonlinear variational PDE schemes for video motion estimation
• Image processing and analysis models using Fokker–Planck equations
• New variational models for image registration and fusion
• Multiscale and multiresolution image analysis techniques using anisotropic diffusion-based scale spaces
• Variational Methods for Machine Learning/Deep Learning with Applications in Image Processing and Analysis.
Keywords: image processing, PDE, variation, image restoration, image segmentation, image registration, image fusion, deep learning, machine learning, image enhancement
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.