About this Research Topic
This Research Topic aims to cover evaluations of tools or interventions targeting caregivers with the goal of improving the health of the care receiver and the health of caregivers.
We welcome original studies covering the following topics:
• quantification of the caregivers' suffering compared to the general population, and the health consequences for them or the patients of this suffering in different pathologies.
• validation of tools to measure this suffering or the impact of this suffering from a health perspective
• evaluation of interventions in favor of caregivers in terms of:
• efficacy - evaluation of the beneficial change of a given intervention under ideal or
controlled conditions, by comparing change in relevant indicators before and after
• effectiveness - evaluation of degree to which something is successful in producing
a desired result
• impact - evaluation of the potential effects of an intervention on the health and
health cost of a population
• durability of the result after the intervention
• fidelity and sustainability - evaluation of the preservation of the fidelity of the
intervention's execution over time and over different situations
• efficiency - evaluation of the relationship between the outcomes and inputs of any
intervention, the financial cost of an intervention versus the financial gain in terms of
Keywords: caregivers, mental illness, family, support
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.