About this Research Topic
Seismic risk reduction can be achieved by adopting a myriad of approaches. However, the feasibility and compatibility of these approaches depend on factors such as socioeconomic level of society, environmental factors, availability of resources, Skilled workforce, etc. The goal of the research topic is to pool ideas and information incorporating various perspectives aimed at reducing the seismic risk associated with earthquake events.
The scope of the topic includes but is not limited to:
1. Seismic vulnerability assessment of structures based on various construction practices followed
2. Numerical modeling approaches to simulate the non-linear response of structures
3. Advancement in seismic retrofitting approaches and development of cost-effective solutions
4. Seismic vulnerability associated with non-structural components
5. seismic assessment of structures made with cost-effective construction practices and retrofitting solutions
6. Determination of seismic amplification/de-amplification at a site
7. Seismic risk reduction
Keywords: seismic vulnerability assessment, seismic risk estimation, non-linear behavior, building codes, Seismic performance of retrofitted structure
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.