About this Research Topic
We invite authors to contribute original research articles as well as review articles that contribute to understanding the neuroendocrine mechanism underlying neuropsychiatric disorders, and identify the biomarkers, molecular mediators or potential drug targets focused on the regulatory effects of physical exercise on the neuroendocrine system.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Exercise and functional adaptation of neuroendocrine system at molecular, cellular and organic levels
- Biomarkers of exercise effects on neuroendocrine system
- Key neuroendocrine factors mediating exercise effects on brain health
- Novel techniques and data analysis to investigate the neuroendocrine system integration network of exercise effects on brain health
- Structural biology of neuroendocrine factors mediating exercise effects on brain health
- Potential therapeutic targets for drug development based on the regulatory effects of exercise on the neuroendocrine system
Keywords: Neuroendocrinology, Physical Exercise, Neuropsychiatric Disorders, Molecular Mediators, Therapeutic Targets
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.