About this Research Topic
This Research Topic aims to broaden our understanding of apparently concealed scientific issues related to orogens and their bordering cratonic margins, including climatic change, crustal-scale deformation, tectono-thermal evolution, structurally controlled mineralization and exhumation, magmatism and associated mineral deposits, surface processes, and the formation of basins.
This Research Topic encourages high-quality submissions of Original Research and Review articles, particularly addressing the combination of multi-disciplinary and state-of-the-art techniques, e.g., geochronology, thermochronology, cosmogenic nuclides, geochemistry, isotope, geophysical tomography, and 3D modeling. Themes of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Petrogenesis and tectonic evolution of magmatic intrusions
• Metallogenesis, preservation potential, and exploration of ore deposits
• Exhumation or burial history of magmatic intrusions, mineral deposits, and basins
• Environmental effects related to subduction or collisional tectonics
• Lithospheric architecture of orogens
• The relationship between tectonic structures, erosion, and climate change
• Thermodynamic and numerical modeling of deep mantle dynamics
Keywords: tectonic evolution, environment change, mineralization, orogens, cratonic margins
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.