About this Research Topic
This Research Topic aims to spark discussion around popular articles from 2022 in Genetics of Aging. This field is continuously evolving, therefore we are seeking to understand developments and perspectives on articles that have attracted attention throughout the year.
The chosen manuscripts are:
• Longitudinal Study of DNA Methylation and Epigenetic Clocks Prior to and Following Test-Confirmed COVID-19 and mRNA Vaccination
• Dietary Supplements and Natural Products: An Update on Their Clinical Effectiveness and Molecular Mechanisms of Action During Accelerated Biological Aging
• Evaluation of Epigenetic Age Based on DNA Methylation Analysis of Several CpG Sites in Ukrainian Population
• Single-Cell RNA Profiling of Human Skin Reveals Age-Related Loss of Dermal Sheath Cells and Their Contribution to a Juvenile Phenotype
• Identification of Four Biomarkers of Human Skin Aging by Comprehensive Single Cell Transcriptome, Transcriptome, and Proteomics
We welcome Opinions, Perspectives, Hypotheses and Theories, and Mini-Review article types to facilitate this discussion. Please note, only relevant papers that add a significant contribution to the discussion articles will be considered.
Keywords: Genetics of aging, Year in Review, Epigenetic Clocks, Accelerated Biological Aging, Single-cell RNA, Multi-omics
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.