About this Research Topic
Special thanks to Dr. Mahendra Dashrath Shirsat, who was instrumental in the organization of this Research Topic.
Recent technological advancements in computer science have opened diversified opportunities to researchers working in the field. These opportunities concern primarily the implementation of Signal & Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, Computer Vision and Artificial Intelligence for Industrial Automations, Biomedical Instrumentations, Multi-modal Biometric Security, Intelligent Surveillance, Forecasting, Predictions, Data analytics, Human-Computer interactions and many more.
As a scientific discipline, computer vision is concerned with the theory and technology for building artificial systems that obtain information from signals, images or multi-dimensional hyper-spectral data. Similarly, a significant part of artificial intelligence deals with planning or deliberation for systems which can perform mechanical actions, such as moving a robot through either a guided or unguided environment. This type of processing typically needs input data provided by a computer vision system, acting as a vision sensor and providing high-level information about the environment and the robot. , Pattern recognition and machine learning techniques are additional features of such systems; they are related to computer vision and sometimes to artificial intelligence. The international conference on Recent Trends in Image Processing and Pattern Recognition (RTIP2R) aims to attract researchers working on promising areas of image processing, pattern recognition, computer vision, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
This special Research Topic, part of Frontiers in Robotics and AI, welcomes original and unpublished contributions, not currently under review by another conferences or journals, addressing (but not limited to) the state-of-the-art on following themes:
• Shape representation, statistical, structural and syntactic pattern recognition
• Feature extraction and reduction
• Color and texture analysis
• Image segmentation, Image compression, Optical character recognition, Content-based image retrieval, and indexing, Coding and encryption
• Object recognition, Scene understanding, and video analytics
• Image matching (pattern matching), Information retrieval
• Image & Video Forensics
• Pattern recognition and machine learning for the Internet of Things
• Pattern classification through Sensors
• Biometrics: face matching, iris recognition, footprint verification and many more.
• Brain-Computer Interface and Human-Computer Interactions
• Biomedical Image Processing
• Speech analysis and understanding
• Speaker verification & Synthesis
Keywords: Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Artificial Intelligence
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.