About this Research Topic
The Aging and Public Health Section of the American Public Health Association has established a COVID-19 and Aging Workgroup. In partnership with international colleagues, this group is inviting papers on a range of research, practice and educational topics concerning the risks for and the effects of COVID-19 on older adults, their caregivers, and the community.
Specific areas of interest to this Research Topic related to COVID-19, Aging and Public Health Special Issue include but are not limited to:
• Novel approaches to public health messaging and communicating effective treatments;
• Clinical, behavioral, social, and environmental risk factors for the onset and progression of COVID-19;
• Implications for the health and well-being of older adult populations;
• Research, practice guidelines, and training strategies for health professionals and social service providers;
• Policy, legal, and ethical implications;
• Challenges and successes in congregate-living environments (e.g., assisted care facilities and nursing homes);
• Special concerns for caregivers, caregiving/social isolation;
• The role of preexisting health or social issues; and
• Research, policy, and practice concerning ageism, health equity, and disparities.
We would like to acknowledge Kimson Johnson, The University of Michigan School of Public Health, who has acted as a coordinator for this Research Topic.
Keywords: COVID-19, Aging and Public Health, Risk Factors and Effects, Research, Policy and Practice
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.