About this Research Topic
In recent years, the world economy has also witnessed the rise in economic and policy uncertainty due to the effects of Brexit, deceleration of growth in the Chinese economy, the current United State administration's trade policy. There are now more massive uncertainty shocks of COVID-2019 in every aspect of the economic system, including the health sector. Both developed and developing economies are experiencing risks and uncertainties due to the significant effects of COVID-2019.
In this Research Topic, we aim to understand the consequences of uncertainty shocks related to COVID-2019 on health indicators and public health system. The main objective of this special issue is to try to provide different aspects and consequences of COVID-2019 on the health indicators and public health system.
Themes which are of interest to this Research Topic include, but are not limited to:
• Capital investments in the health sector in COVID-2019;
• Economic performance and health sector development in COVID-2019;
• Employment in the health sector in COVID-2019;
• Equity performance of health and insurance companies in COVID-2019;
• Fiscal stimulus, government spending and health sector in COVID-2019;
• Health concerns and social restrictions in COVID-2019;
• Health demand in COVID-2019;
• Health supply in COVID-2019.
We expect original, unpublished, and full-length contributions in the aforementioned themes.
Keywords: Uncertainty Shocks, COVID-19 Recession, Health System, Health Indicators, Public Policies
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.