About this Research Topic
The goal of this particular Research Topic is to present novel advances in human metabolic research on the role of dietary proteins for health and performance outcomes across the healthspan and lifespan in divergent populations (i.e., athletes, older adults, metabolic disease).
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
• The role of dietary protein in adaptations to exercise training across various populations (e.g., athletes and older individuals)
• Dietary protein for the promotion of healthy musculoskeletal aging
• Dietary protein for body composition and metabolic disease management
• The importance of dietary protein intake in the management of specific disease conditions
• Insights into dietary protein processing and manufacturing on health and performance
Leigh Breen has received research funding from Volac LTD and Glanbia Nutrition, as well as honoraria from Dairy UK. Daniel Moore is currently receiving research funding from Iovate Health Sciences International Inc. and Dairy Management Inc., has received financial support from Gatorade Sports Sciences for talks/conferences and holds patents related to the Research Topic subject. All other Topic Editors declare no competing interests with regards to the Research Topic subject.
Keywords: Aging, Exercise, Skeletal Muscle, Metabolism, Protein Nutrition
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.