About this Research Topic
The emergence of RNA structure studies has provided new insights into gene regulation that will significantly impact many perspectives in plant science research. This Research Topic will present new technological advances for RNA structure studies and provide new insights on the functional roles of RNA structure in plants. Addtionally, the Research Topic will focus on the RNA structure functionality in different perspectives in plant biology, such as plant development, plant nutrition, and plant response to different environmental conditions. The new perspectives on the RNA structure functionality in plants from this research topic will gather enormous attention in promoting RNA structure studies in the research field of plant science. This Research Topic will also provide novel approaches for crop engineering and breeding.
We welcome high-quality submissions of original research papers, reviews, and methods, including but not limited to:
• The methods for studying RNA structure in plants.
• The functional role of RNA structure in the post-transcriptional regulation of gene expression.
• The functional role of RNA structure in plant development and nutrition.
• RNA structure of non-coding RNAs in plants.
• RNA structure evolution and adaption in plants.
• The RNA structure associated RNA modification in plants.
• The functional role of RNA structure in the interaction with RNA binding proteins in plants.
• The functional role of RNA structure in the RNA mobility in plants.
• The functional role of RNA structure in plant response to different environmental conditions.
Keywords: RNA structure, non-coding RNAs, post-transcriptional regulation, crop breeding, environmental adaption
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.