About this Research Topic
The aim of this Research Topic is to present and discuss recent advances on cerebral venous thrombosis. We welcome Original Research Articles, Review Articles, Methods, Theory and Hypothesis, and Brief/Case Reports contributing, but not limited to advancing our understanding of:
• The pathogenic mechanisms of cerebral damage due to thrombosis
• Novel risk factors and the strength of known risk factors for cerebral venous thrombosis
• Diagnostic imaging characteristics and the added value of machine learning techniques
• Clinical course and outcome, especially with relation to the extent of venous recanalization
• Therapeutic approaches and novel developments
Topic Editor, Dr. Jonathan Coutinho, received institutional financial support and has been involved with the RESPECT CVT trial (Boehringer Ingelheim) and EINSTEIN-JR trials (Bayer). The other Topic Editors declare no competing interests with regard to the Research Topic subject.
Keywords: Cerebral Venous Thrombosis, Pathophysiology, Imaging, Treatment, Clinical Outcome
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.