About this Research Topic
Humanity continues to fight against diseases, through interdisciplinary effort and approaches from microbiology, environmental toxicology, immunology, pharmacology, molecular biology and other fields; our capacity to survive diseases and live longer and healthier is greater than ever before. However, one of the challenges concern on a deep understanding of the disease biology, diagnostic and equity of sources to bring solutions for all over the globe.
Our aim is to present new research regarding basic and applied knowledge of old and emerging diseases, from malaria to cancer. Furthermore, to introduce new technology that develop faster and cheaper diagnostic (e.g. CRISPR/Cas9) is in the light of equity for the right treatment of diseases.
The scope of the research includes Pharmacology and interacting fields to achieve the new technologies being developed to understand and treat diseases. From basic research to applied projects.
Research articles may include one of the following topics:
- New technologies for drug discoveries.
- Advances in CRISPR-Cas system for faster and/or cheaper diagnostics of diseases
- Use of animal models to find the best drug treatment of diseases. For example: avatars for cancer
- Use of animal models to understand the drug metabolism and/or toxicity in the organism
- The use of animal models and/or cell culture to investigate acquired/or genetic disease development.
Keywords: pharmacology, molecular biology, animal models, drug treatment, pharmacological investigation
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.