About this Research Topic
We aim to publish a collection of studies that address the impact of COVID-19 on athletes training, competition, diet, and sleep habits. With these data, we are able to identify physical, mental and social problems encountered in the pandemic, which can be used to inform coaches and future-proof against negative effects of future global pandemics.
Within athletic populations, we welcome papers that address any form of pandemic-driven changes in physical activity, exercise, training, diet, and sleep habits. Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
• Consequences of lockdown for individual and team sports training
• The COVID-19 impact on lifestyle and diet change
• Sleep problems related to the pandemic
• Use of alternative service delivery model in medicine and rehabilitation
• The effect of postponed competitions on athlete meso and macrocycles
• Effect on athlete development pathways
• At home data collection and coach monitoring
Keywords: Physical activity, Training, Exercise, Diet, Sleep, Athlete, COVID, pandemic
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.