About this Research Topic
This Research Topic includes all topics in the Freshwater Science scope which can be located here:
The main topics of importance include but are not limited to:
• Physical, chemical, and biological properties of the Freshwater Environment.
• Innovative enhancements and applications of techniques that aid in ecological assessment and monitoring, conservation, and management of freshwater ecosystems.
• The development of indices or rapid tools for biomonitoring.
• Inclusive societal/cultural engagement in freshwater ecosystem knowledge generation, management, and policy.
• Multiple stressors, interactions, and management.
• Restoration and conservation.
• Socio-ecological science, governance, and policy.
Keywords: freshwater science, Africa, community, socio-ecological science, conservation, biodiversity, management, African freshwater, restoration
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.