About this Research Topic
This Research Topic aims to disentangle the complex relationship between sleep, circadian rhythms, and mood disorders. It aims at exploring factors involved in this complicated and interchangeable association, including seasonality, molecular regulation, diagnosis, and possible treatment.
We welcome studies (e.g. reviews, original research, metanalyses) on, but not limited to, the following topics:
- clinical and molecular interaction between sleep and mood
- regulation and disturbance of sleep in mood disorders
- regulation and disturbance of mood in sleep disorders
- circadian rhythm as a regulation of mood disorders
- circadian clock disruption in sleep disorders
- circadian clock dysregulation in somatic diseases
- disruption of mood/sleep in somatic diseases.
Keywords: Sleep, Rhythms, Mood Disorders, circadian, seasonality
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.