About this Research Topic
It is of fundamental pivotality to develop data assimilation technologies to enhance applications of multi-source observations. Performance assessments of new types of observations facilitate the network designment for regional- and storm-scale numerical models. This Research Topic seeks submissions underscoring the improvement of the accuracy of MCS predictions, warnings, and decision support for high-impact weather events as well as observation network designs.
Key themes include, but are not limited to:
• Advancements in radar and satellite data assimilation technologies
• Contributions to regional numerical weather prediction
• Development of convective-allowing models
• Development of probabilistic prediction methods
• Development of verification methods
• Application of artificial intelligence in numerical models
• Investigation on new types of observations in numerical models
Keywords: hazardous weather, numerical prediction, data assimilation, observation impact, remote sensing
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.