About this Research Topic
The goal of this Research Topic is to offer up-to-date scientific evidence and suggestions to future research by novel and high-quality contributions to improve our knowledge on the mechanisms of the interactions between soil, water and nutrients regulating yield, quality and productivity across different scales from molecular to whole plant studies, and from farm to global levels at current and future climate scenarios.
This Research Topic will address but not limited to the following topics:
- The interplay between water, nutrients and phytohormones under drought and multi-stress conditions.
- Plant physiological, biochemical and molecular mechanisms elucidating plant resilience and adaptation.
- Agronomic and agro-ecological practices to build drought-resilient and resource-efficient cultivation systems, including their impact on plant yield, quality, and productivity.
- Optimization of water and nutrient utilization based on assessment and models.
- New technologies and strategies to improve water and nutrient use efficiencies.
- Climate change impacts on yield and quality in relation to water and nutrient utilization and stress signaling.
Keywords: irrigation, water technology, hormone, water use efficiency, smart agriculture
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.