About this Research Topic
The major objective of the present Research Topic is to collect new scientific evidence, clinical experiences, reviews, and opinion articles about EMDR in clinical health psychology and psychotherapy. Moreover, this Research Topic will focus on psychological factors, basic psychological processes, and theoretical models that could explain the role in EMDR in treatment processes, also considering the integration with other psychotherapies.
Particularly this Research Topic will consider these types of studies:
- Original research articles from both experimental and non-experimental (observational) study designs
- Neuroscience and neuroimaging based study (also with neurobiological evidences)
- Review articles (preferably systematic reviews)
- Meta analysis
- Clinical trials
- Clinical case studies and reports
- Perspective articles
- Cost-effectiveness studies
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.