About this Research Topic
The present research topic will cover all the advancements in transfusion medicine and blood, and will provide a whole picture of the current knowledge and future challenges. Moreover, the content will be useful both for undergrad or postgrad students, as well as advanced scientists and physicians.
The following topics will be included:
- History of blood transfusion
- Donors, screening and infectious markers (including demographic evolution)
- Labile blood products (red blood cells, platelets and plasma)
- New products in transfusion: synthetic cells, blood-derived products, cellular therapies
- Epidemiology of blood transfusion
- Treatment of hemopathies
All scientists and physicians involved in transfusion medicine from basic sciences to biology and medicine are welcomed to submit their contribution.
Keywords: Blood, blood products, donors, hematology, transfusion medicine
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.