About this Research Topic
Submissions may include clinical trial, general commentary, hypothesis and theory, opinion, original research, perspective, review/mini-review, study protocol, and systematic review on this important topic. This issue will focus on but is not limited to, the following topics:
1. The role of ex vivo organ perfusion during the COVID-19 pandemic
2. Heart transplantation or lung transplantation for COVID-19-related heart failure or respiratory failure
3. COVID-19 vaccination in heart transplant or lung transplant candidates and recipients
4. Treating COVID-19 in heart or lung transplant recipients
5. Long COVID or post-COVID conditions in heart or lung transplant recipients
Ultimately, attention to this research topic may benefit cardiothoracic transplant recipients and contribute to larger efforts to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on the global community.
Keywords: COVID-19, Heart, Lung, Ex Vivo Organ Perfusion, Cardiothoracic Transplantation
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.