About this Research Topic
This Research Topic is intended to discuss and review all the intracellular signaling regulating the Warburg effect in cancerous and normal non-cancerous cells by research articles, mini-reviews and reviews.
Potential topics should include, but are not limited to:
• The signalling pathways linking glucose metabolism and apoptosis in brain
cells and the implication for treatment of neurodegenerative disease.
• The metabolic reprogramming in the context of naïve and primed pluripotent states, somatic reprogramming, and hematopoietic and skeletal muscle tissue stem cells, and the implications for regenerative medicine.
• The metabolic regulation in cancer cells escaping apoptosis during treatment.
• Cell metabolism in vascular endothelial cells in normal and diseased
• The Warburg effect in the immune response in health and disease
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.