About this Research Topic
This Research Topic will provide a comprehensive overview of the neuro-immunological connections that enable CNS repair. We welcome the submission of Original Research articles as well as Reviews that cover, but are not limited to, the following topics:
1. Molecular mechanisms involved in peripheral/central immune cell functioning related to CNS disorders and repair.
2. Soluble factors and cell-cell interactions important in the overall function of the blood-brain barrier as a gateway to CNS repair.
3. Novel molecular leads involved in the prevention and regeneration in neuro-immunological disorders.
4. The impact of immune mediators on glial cell function in CNS repair.
5. Immunopathogenetic mechanisms involved in neurodegeneration
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.