About this Research Topic
Thanks to this scientific and technical progress, recent clinical diagnosis started to use epigenetic abnormalities such as non-invasive cell-free DNA methylation biomarker, SHOX2, SPET9 methylation biomarker for high-risk individual screening. Meanwhile, histone deacetylase inhibitors (HDAC inhibitors) have been widely used in various diseases, such as cancers, parasitic and inflammatory diseases, suggesting the potential of epigenetic modification in disease treatment. Recently, epigenetic profiles have been also applied to identify disease subtype for a better understanding of the disease pathology, therefore, these biomarkers would play more roles in personalized and precision medicine.
With this Research Topic, investigators can contribute Original Research articles, Review articles that will stimulate the continuing efforts to use epigenetic biomarker in personalized and precision medicine, including:
1) Epigenetic biomarker identification and evaluation;
2) Novel detection and sequencing techniques on epigenetic assay;
3) Novel statistic approach and tools on epigenetic and genetic analysis;
4) Interaction identification between genetics and epigenetics in precision medicine;
5) Approach and strategy of personalized precision medicine based on the integration of genetic and epigenetics.
Keywords: DNA methylation, Epigenetic, Biomarker, Personalized and Precision Medicine
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.