About this Research Topic
Furthermore, while researchers have identified the shortcomings in sport, less attention has been paid to the conditions that help facilitate diverse and inclusive work environments.
The purpose of this Research Topic is to address these shortcomings. The guest editors seek empirical, qualitative, and theoretical manuscripts focusing on gender and/or racial bias in sport organizations. Topics include, but are not limited to:
• Factors that influence biased decision-making toward women and racial minorities;
• How gender, race, and their intersection are associated with access and opportunities for people pursuing leadership opportunities;
• The influence of racism and sexism on people considering careers in sport;
• The ways in which personal factors, such as social class, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age, interact with race and gender in explaining access and opportunity;
• The benefits of racial and gender diversity for sport organizations;
• Factors that facilitate diversity and inclusion in sport organizations; and
• Strategies for overcoming biased decision-making in sport organizations.
The submission deadline is March 1st, 2020. Authors should follow guidelines from the American Psychological Association Manual (6th ed.). Additional Information for Authors, including open access, is available here: https://www.frontiersin.org/journals/sociology#author-guidelines
Keywords: Gender, Race, Discrimination, Prejudice, Stereotypes, Leadership, Sport
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.