About this Research Topic
The scope of this Research Topic recognizes the complexity of issues and challenges relating to environment and energy research with an interdisciplinary approach. It focuses on the “reduce, reuse and recycle” concept to achieve a sustainable future – including recent progress and research studies on energy demand and supply, economic, policy, communication, and social impacts of transportation and production systems, as well as contemporary technologies for environmental protection.
Submitted manuscripts may present theoretical, numerical or experimental findings within the context of energy research with an emphasis on energy saving and environmental protection incorporating the reduce, reuse and recycle concept. Interesting topics considered may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Emerging technologies that incorporate the reduce, reuse and recycle concept to promote sustainable energy and environment.
2. Innovative technology to promote for water-energy-health balance through the reduce, reuse and recycle concept.
3. Environmental regulations and energy policy to promote waste reduction and recycle resources.
4. Environmental and social impacts on renewable energy supply, green transport, and green production.
5. Emerging technologies that incorporate the reduce, reuse and recycle concept to achieve a circular economy.
Keywords: renewable energy, sustainable environment, circular economy, waste to wealth, green mobility
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.