About this Research Topic
Periodontology and the maintenance and understanding of periodontal health is a highly complex and important area of dental medicine, with many challenges.
The aim of this Research Topic is to provide a collection of short, thorough articles on current topics in the field of periodontology and peri-implantology creating concise narrative reviews, which highlight actual advances and future perspectives.
Article type: Narrative reviews
Topics of interest:
- Pathogenesis of periodontal disease*
- Genetics and periodontitis
- Biomarkers in periodontal and peri-implant disease
- Periodontal risk factors
- Wound healing mechanisms
- Periodontitis and systemic diseases
- Regenerative therapy*
- Resective therapy*
- Periodontal prophylaxis
- Maintenance care and protocols
- Esthetic considerations
* should be covered in separate reviews with respect to periodontal and peri-implant disease, respectively
Keywords: Reviews, periodontitis, peri-implantitis, prophylaxis, therapy
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.