About this Research Topic
Although implementation of technical innovation is accelerating in marketing practice and research, there is a lack of effort to elucidate the multidisciplinary areas and subjects of new technology research in sport management and marketing. A collection of scholarly research and information related to what new technology brings to the sport industry and culture is expected to offer new insights and critical discussion to its social, cultural, political, and economic impact. Bringing together a body of research related to this topic could identify and highlight the roles and effects of new technologies, mapping out the path for the future of sport management and marketing.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Technical innovations, new methods and devices that can contribute to sport management and marketing research
• 'New constructs' in the new market environment that warrant research attention
• Mechanisms influencing communication objectives in new media platforms
• Omnichannel marketing strategies for sport organizations
• New media trends and use of social media in sports marketing
• Digital dexterity of sport consumers
• Adoption of new technology in sport organizations and its management
• Use of big data and data science in sports marketing
Keywords: Technology, Extended Reality, New Media, Physiological Measures, Innovation
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.