About this Research Topic
This Research Topic will combine multidisciplinary contributions investigating the response of coastal wetlands to environmental stressors, coastal management solutions, human wetlands interactions, and ecosystem resilience with the goal of providing a holistic overview on the current state of knowledge of wetlands functioning, resilience and management.
Themes of this Research Topic can include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Response of coastal wetlands to sea-level rise and storms
· Ecosystem services provided by coastal wetlands within the context of a changing environment;
· Advances in hydrodynamic, sediment transport and morphological modeling for wetlands;
· Advances in field methodologies for the monitoring of coastal wetlands;
· Advances in the understanding of vegetated surfaces on the resilience of coastal environments;
· Geomorphological response of coastal wetlands;
· Use of wetlands as nature-based solutions including theoretical studies and case studies of coastal management interventions.
· interaction between the human and natural wetlands landscape.
Keywords: Coastal Wetlands, Morphology, Hydrodynamics, Coastal Protection, Ecosystems
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.