About this Research Topic
This Research Topic shall welcome research articles that generate and highlight country-level information on ECC. This includes manuscripts that report updated information on epidemiological profiles of ECC for specific countries, communities, or populations; the impact of COVID-19 on the risk for and management of ECC; assessment of the impact on national policies and programs on ECC control; effectiveness of clinical programs for ECC control; systematic review and meta-analysis of data on ECC; best practices and lessons learned for ECC management and scale-up during a health crisis.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to, the following.
● Systematic review and meta-analysis of ECC risk factors, prevention, and management.
● Epidemiological profiles of ECC for countries with little or no public data.
● Impact of COVID-19 on the epidemiology and management of ECC.
● Sustainable development goals and ending ECC as a public health crisis.
● ECC and its impact on growth, development, social, mental health, and well-being.
● Possible interventions unitizing common risk factors for ECC and general health.
● Evidence of effectiveness of clinical and community-based multi-disciplinary approaches to ECC control.
● Conceptual frameworks on pathways linking ECC with adolescent health and well-being.
Keywords: early childhood caries, prevalence, prevention, treatment, epidemiology
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.