About this Research Topic
This Research Topic is aimed at a global research community involved in data collection through a variety of robot platforms, and data analysis, sensor development and fusion, and learning-based modelling including machine learning and deep learning for crop care. As such, it is open to anyone who is studying in crop care with robotic approaches.
Potential topics may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Weed/disease mapping and monitoring with UAV or unmanned/manned ground-based vehicles
• Robotic vision for crop care (weed, disease and insect management)
• Machine learning and deep learning-based perception for crop care
• Multispectral or hyperspectral image analysis for early disease classification or detection
• Site specific management and field experiment and evaluation for crop care
• Time-series data analysis for crop status monitoring
• Fusion of proximal and remote sensing data for crop care
Keywords: Agri-robotics, computer vision, machine learning, data mining, digital phenotyping
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.