About this Research Topic
The goal of the Research Topic is to review and summarize recent investigations of polymer nanocomposite materials. This will include original approaches using experimental methods possibly combined with advanced chemistry, computer simulations, as well as those evidencing key aspects of material properties important for nanocomposite processing and novel applications. Any study of structure and dynamics on nano- and meso-scales, in particular those highlighting the role of interfacial polymer layers on macroscopic properties, shall contribute to this Research Topic aiming at a better understanding and control of the complex behavior of nanocomposites.
We welcome Original Research articles, Reviews and Mini-Reviews covering (but not strictly limited to) the following areas:
- polymer grafted nanoparticles
- interfacial polymer layer
- polymer dynamics in nanocomposites
- structure of the nanocomposites
- interfacial structure and dynamics in nanocomposites
- viscoelastic properties of polymer nanocomposites
- relationship between molecular interfacial and macroscopic properties of nanocomposites
- scattering methods applied to polymer nanocomposites
- computer simulations applied to polymer nanocomposites
Keywords: nanocomposites, polymer grafted nanoparticles, interfacial layer, polymer and nanoparticle dynamics, structure of nanocomposites, neutron scattering, X-ray scattering, computer simulations
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.