About this Research Topic
This research topic intends to advance our knowledge and understanding of the role of the ocean-atmosphere interactions and exchanges on climate on a regional and global scale. Specifically, the topic will address the mechanisms involving the physics, chemistry, and biology of the ocean through observational and modelling studies. We would like to attract authors from around the world. The use of the most recent IPCC models/experiments is welcome and interdisciplinary studies are also strongly encouraged.
We seek papers on the following topics:
• Exchanges of greenhouse gases between the ocean and the atmosphere.
• Understanding biogeochemical and physical processes in the upper and lower ocean and their exchanges with the atmosphere
• Physical mechanisms regarding how the ocean influences the climate of the Earth.
• Climate projections modulated by changes within the ocean.
• Research on overarching themes of ocean-atmosphere interactions and exchanges and climate change.
We are interested in original research articles but review papers are also welcome.
Keywords: Climate variability, Ocean, Air-sea interaction, Regional climate, Global climate, Ocean-atmosphere exchanges, Numerical modeling.
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.